This was the easiest and most delicious fudge ever!
It is different from your more firm fudges and is a bit crumbly in your mouth but my taste testers loved it. We will be making a lot more of this for friends and family!
Easy Peanut Butter Fudge
- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Grease an 8×8-inch baking pan.
- In a medium saucepan, bring sugar and milk to a boil. Allow to boil for about 2½ minutes, stirring regularly, and then remove from heat. Add the peanut butter and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and allow to cool until set. Slice into 1-inch squares.
*To make this fudge “dairy-free,” use coconut milk in place of cow’s milk.
Makes About 16 pieces.
I found a very pretty looking idea on Pinterest for Christmas cream cheese mints.
Let’s start with problem #1:
Way too much powdered sugar! It was so think my poor Kitchen Aid mixer could barely handle it.
Peppermint flavoring was terrible with all that sugar.
After working with the recipe I just finally pitched the bowl and started over with a better recipe. It is one that was handed down to me and is by far way better! I was able to make with both mint and banana flavorings with success.
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
3 oz cream cheese
1/2 tsp extract flavoring
Mix cream cheese, food coloring, & extract. Add in powdered sugar. Add to pipping bag with large 1M tip. Create stars on top of parchment paper lined pan. Chill and package.
Keep this pin purely for the pretty packaging idea but forget the recipe!